My Account Login | Contact Us

Apology and Retraction

3 years 9 months ago #1315 by Administrator
Saffie:

I am writing to offer you my sincerest apologies for publishing information via a series of July 3rd Tweets that proved to be absolutely false. Equine Info Exchange messed up. I messed up. Our source was wrong. But I take full responsibility for this and I sincerely apologize to you and your family.

I truly regret that this happened and I learned a very important lesson regarding validating the many different sources of information that my publication receives about industry news. After speaking with you and your lawyer via Zoom on July 24th, my eyes have been opened to the impact that my Tweet had on you, your family, your friends, your clients, and even your prospective clients. For that, I am truly sorry. This will not happen again. Please accept my heartfelt apologies.

Finally, I want to let you know that I have deleted the July 3rd Tweets from EIE’s Twitter account and I will issue an apology Tweet (linking to this letter) so the entire racing industry will be made aware of my mistake. In some small way, I hope this helps correct the mistaken impression I created with my readers. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to do so.

Best of luck to you for continued success in the thoroughbred racing industry.

Sincerely,

CL Cimino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More