Equine paintings have been around for centuries, with some of the earliest known examples dating back to the cave paintings of Lascaux. Paintings of horses can be found in museums and galleries all over the world, and they are also popular among private collectors.
Equine paintings can be realistic or abstract. Realistic equine paintings often depict horses in a natural pose, such as grazing or galloping. Abstract equine paintings may be more stylized or geometric.
Equine paintings can be made from a variety of materials, including oil, acrylic, watercolor, and pastel. Oil and acrylic are popular choices for equine paintings, as they allow the artist to create a wide range of effects. Watercolor and pastel are also popular choices, but they are more delicate and require more care.
Some famous examples of equine paintings include:
- Whistlejacket by George Stubbs (1762)
- The Horse Fair by Rosa Bonheur (1853)
- The Red Prince Mare by Sir Alfred J. Munnings (1921)
Equine paintings are a beautiful and diverse art form. They can be used to depict the beauty and power of horses, as well as to explore more complex themes such as movement, freedom, and the relationship between humans and animals.
Here are some additional characteristics of equine paintings:
- Equine paintings often capture the horse's movement and grace.
- Equine paintings can be used to express a variety of emotions, such as joy, power, and beauty.
- Equine paintings can be used to tell stories, such as the story of a horse and its rider or the story of a particular horse breed.
- Equine paintings can be used to create a sense of place, such as a painting of a wild horse herd in the American West.
Equine paintings are a beautiful and expressive art form that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Please note: The artwork shown here are representative images and not necessarily those of the artists listed.
The locations are only as a reference since artists often travel for commissioned work. Please contact the artist directly regarding your specific location needs.
Featured Listings - Paintings
Paintings, Posters and Prints - General
UNITED STATES | International (click here)
Paintings - United States
PAINTINGS - INTERNATIONAL
Paintings - International
Watch the video about the release of the book A Brush With Greatness about the works of painter Robert Clark. Then read about this relation to the horses and their owners and riders in the article An Artist's Life: Living Through Horses and Their people. You can have Robert Clark paint a portrait of your horse! Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the code CLARK2020 for a special price.
A Brush With Greatness is available on Amazon.