My Account Login | Contact Us

Reining Clinic at Hansen Dam

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1229 by Kate
May 27, 2019 - Shawn Flarida Reining Clinic at Hansen Dam Horse Park
Hansen Dam Horse Park welcomed the winningest reiner of all time to Lake View Terrace, Calif. for a two-day clinic on May 11 and 12 presented by LEGISequine.com, Langer Equestrian Group, Ariat, and Foran Performance Horses.

Shawn Flarida, the first and only reiner to ever slide into six million dollars of winnings, is a six-time NRHA Open Futurity Champion, six-time NRHA Open Derby champion and four-time NRBC Champion. Flarida was also inducted into the NRHA Hall of Fame in 2011 and was the inaugural WEG Reining Individual Gold Medalist.

Throughout the clinic, Flarida afforded a wealth of knowledge with riders and auditors alike. “Shawn was very generous with his knowledge,” said Tom Foran of Foran Performance Horses. “With Shawn there are no secrets. He’s patient with everyone. He’s as good of a teacher as he is a showman and horse trainer. He’s the whole package.”

Flarida was pleased to give his two cents about reining to both pros and non-pros. “I hope everyone can take home some of the ideas I have shared and have some success,” Flarida expressed. “I like meeting new people, hearing what they want to improve and trying to be a part of their growth.”

Flarida awarded the “Ariat Most Improved Rider” prize to the rider who showed the most progress from the beginning to the end of the day. Pro rider David Worley and non-pro rider Kadin Hernandez each earned a new pair of jeans courtesy of Ariat. In addition, Ariat generously sponsored gift certificates for all riders and auditors.

Shawn had a great experience coming to Hansen Dam Horse Park and looks forward to returning for another clinic next year. “The people here are super, super nice,” he commented. “The facility, Hansen Dam Horse Park, is absolutely to die for. The weather is phenomenal, and the environment is great for the horses. The ring has great footing and is a really good size.”

“I love doing teaching clinics, but only give a few each year because I have limited time,” Flarida explained. “I get excited about improvement. Everyone has a story and I’m happy to be a part of it.”

Let Shawn Flarida slide into your success story! Shawn Flarida will be stopping at Hansen Dam Horse Park in May 2020 for another great clinic. Contact Marnye Langer at marnye@langershows.com for more information.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More